A progress meeting was held with management of the Tramshed, local residents and councillor Ashley Govier – nearly three months after the opening of venue.
The meeting heard:
- There had been only one formal complaint. This for urinating in a garden was reported to police. Councillor Govier said this was a measure of the success so far and shows “something is going right”.
- The venue said its sound-proofing concrete box had proved successful after 13 events so far, with two of the potentially noisiest events they would ever hold prompting no issues.
- One resident said she had experienced a couple of minor issues but these had been dealt with by management.
- Future events include a vintage fayre, an Indian wedding and corporate dinners
- There was an issue of some litter from plastic glasses being taken away after shows but management will ask door staff to be vigilant. A clear-up takes place outside the venue of any litter and there is a bin for rubbish.
- The cafe at the venue – currently open only as a bar on event nights – will open for food and coffees etc during the day at the end of February. It plans to open from about 11am depending on demand.
- The 40-seat cinema is due to open by the end of February. Operated by Curzon, a niche programme is being worked on. Prices will be competitive (it was pointed out the nearby Vue cinema charges £4 for all screenings). The seating will be airline-style/Boeing for maximum comfort.
- The second phase of the Tramshed – including gallery/cafe, tech hub, dance studio/community room and work-live units are scheduled to open by the end of April.
- Local arts organisations have expressed an interest in curating the gallery by roster – aimed at local artists/photographers exhibiting for free. More details to follow closer to the time.
- Residents in Maerdy Court flats want to be told of future liaison meetings.
- Management to look at provision of cycle stand
- The work-live units, for sale/rent, have been sold en bloc to a Hong Kong company
- Anyone who wants to raise an issue should go along to the venue and ask for Mike the general manager email@example.com